Trane XR13 Heat Pump Review – Trane Product Performance Report
Focusing on the Performance of the Trane XR13 Heat Pump
Designed for performance and durability, all Trane Heat Pump products are engineered according to strict quality control standards designed to set the Trane brand apart above the normal of common industry values. From development of the Climatuff® compressor to creation of the elite Spine Fin™ coil and the ground-breaking Hyperion® air handler system, each individual Trane component is custom crafted to perform above the level of generic off-the-shelf air conditioning equipment. But is the Trane XR13 really an efficient heating and cooling solution for your air conditioning project?
Let’s start with the basic specs for the XR13 HP. What can you expect in performance and enhancements? The XR13:
- Meets new federal regulations
- Functions quietly
- Uses a Trane Climatuff® compressor and a Trane Spine Fin™ coil
- Can produce up to 14.50 SEER and 8.50 HSPF
- Is crafted for long-term durability
- Variable speed inside blower
- Uses Galvanized-steel louvered panels
- Includes baked-on powder coating
- Uses fasteners crafted with corrosion-resistant Weatherguard™
- Incorporates a rust-proof DuraTuff™ basepan
- Supports add-on of the Trane CleanEffects™ air filtration system
- AND carries a 10-year Registered Limited Warranty that includes the compressor, the outdoor coil and all internal functional parts*.
Now all this sounds cool – pardon the pun, but what does it mean in real world applications and in comparison to other heat pump products?
Comparison Cost Versus Efficiency
The Trane XR13 Heat Pump provides a slight advantage over the cost versus efficiency of the XB14 and the XR15. Although both the XB14 and the XR15 are better performers, the cost of each exceeds that of the XR13. For example:
- The XB14 costs around 25-percent more than the 13, yet the efficiency ratings only increase by around 12-percent.
- Likewise, the XR15 exceeds the cost of the XR13 by around 30-percent but only increases efficiency by around 22-percent.
This cost versus efficiency evaluation compares Trane to Trane. Different brands will still compare in a similar manner. However, you should remember that Carrier still uses copper coils, which are more expensive that the aluminum coils used in Trane. And, of course, not all air conditioning manufacturers practice the same standards as Trane. Less expensive equipment does not mean poorer quality, but it can me less technical support, more limited warranties and various difficult to spot production-cost savings.
The cost factors of the above figures are not all inclusive. SEER and HSPF are not the only dynamics of air conditioning performance and efficiency. In an area with temperatures as high as those found in Phoenix Arizona, you must also consider humidity, the structure of the home and the extended exposure to grueling heat waves.
Furthermore, the condition of your existing home duct system and insulation performance must also be considered. Only a licensed, bonded and insured Phoenix Trane Heat Pump Installation professional can answer all of your questions. But in the mean time, here are the basic pros and cons of the Trane XR13 Heat Pump:
Trane XR13 HP Pros
- Low priced
- Capacity range of 1.5 to 5 tons
- Rates above average against other compatible low-end models
- Uses one of the shortest profiles in the HVAC industry
- Provides great cost versus efficiency value
- Qualifies for up to $500.00 in Eco Rebates
Trane XR13 HP Cons
- Low-end model
- Does not qualify for Energy Star rating
- Uses single stage compressor
- Sometimes a bit too loud for comfort
American Cooling and Heating Providing Phoenix Air Conditioning Solutions
Keep in mind: Low-end is not by default insufficient. For many homeowners, the Trane XR13 provides a reliable cost-efficient and energy efficient solution to their Arizona heating and cooling requirements. American Cooling and Heating provides Phoenix air conditioning installation and service solutions throughout Mesa, Gilbert, Scottsdale, Oeoria, Chandler and other local areas. The techs are trained and certified to install, service or repair any type of residential, commercial or industrial heating and cooling equipment. The service team is on call 24/7/365.
* Warranty must be registered by e-mail or phone within 60-days of Trane XR13 Heat Pump installation.
We sell all brands of Air Conditioning and Heat Pumps equipment, including expert Arizona AC and HP replacement of Carrier, Goodman, Amana, Rheem, Trane, Lennox, Ruud, York, and all brands and types of Air Conditioning and Heat Pump Units and all AC Systems.