When Data Center Management and Computer Room Air Conditioning (CRAC) Meets Old Man Time
How do you handle Data Center Management when construction demands that you turn off the cooling without melting the servers?
Updating a Liebert CRAC system can be complicated, and the larger the system, the more complex becomes the operation. Shutting down big computer room air conditioning environments demands forethought, long-range planning, and access to a host of well trained HVAC and electrical service professionals.
For example: Greening Columbia University recently upgraded the core chilled water cooling system and electrical power supply line for the University’s existing data center. The project required a full mechanical shutdown of the cooling plant. Existing unused cooling pipe had to be demolished. New and upgraded electrical components had to be installed. Various additional construction processes affected the overall activity. And they were working with the wear and tear that so often affects conditions in a 50-year old facility. Thus along with the upgrades and component replacements, the University took opportunity to press the CRAC service team for extensive preventative maintenance.
Data Center Management – When Reducing the CRAC Becomes Unavoidable
The functionality of your data center is mission critical to daily and yearly business or organizational operations. In the above scenario, Greening Columbia University was dealing with a computer room air conditioning system that typically demanded a 120-ton operating load. Shutting down non-critical services for even one day still left them facing a need to cool nearly 700 servers, merely two-thirds of the center’s normal capacity. Thus for completion of the work, a temporary 50-ton cooling system had to be employed.
This is what mission critical data center management is all about. When reducing the CRAC becomes unavoidable, you need reliable HVAC technicians who have been trained and who continue to train in all aspects of mission-critical precision cooling product installation, services and management. American Cooling and Heating provides full-service commercial HVAC installation, repairs and support for Liebert CRAC precision cooling equipment throughout Chandler AZ, Gilbert AZ, Glendale AZ, Mesa AZ, Peoria AZ, Scottsdale AZ, Tempe AZ, And All Other Phoenix Areas.
Liebert CRAC, World Renowned Manufacturer of Mission-Critical Precision Cooling Products
Whether upgrading, modifying or servicing your precision cooling system, you need products that maintain consistent computer room temperatures at pricing that forbids the torching of your budget. Liebert produces custom designed equipment precision-crafted for temperature management with advanced UPS surge protection. No matter how demanding your data center cooling conditions, Liebert computer room air conditioning (CRAC) units offer a one-source solution.
When you coupled the efficiency of Liebert CRAC products to the experience of Arizona-based service technicians from American Cooling and Heating, you reap:
- System dependability
- Better energy-conservation performance
- Precision data center sizing with integrated options for growth and expansion
- Post installation service and support
- Simplified data center management
- AND the ACH guaranteed of rapid response to all of your maintenance, service, and repair needs.
For a quick review of Liebert precision cooling products, their function, and their availability, review “Arizona Resource For Liebert Precision Cooling CRAC Products” at the American Cooling and Heating Liebert Services page.
Get instant up-to-the-minute answers by calling one of the following ACH sales and technical assistance numbers.
RTU-MP™ Carrier Commercial Rooftop Unit Controller
· Indoor and outdoor CO2 relative humidity controls
· Integrated fire shutdown protection and compressor safety management
· Temperature readings for space and supply air temperatures
· Status display on fan and filter
· AND more.
Every Carrier commercial product configures to one or more specific heating and cooling functions. Thus the RTU-MP™ Carrier Commercial Rooftop Unit Controller provides industry with low cost access to intelligent rooftop HVAC monitoring and regulation – while also making use of four distinctive communication protocols. This dipswitch configurable rooftop HVAC unit controller offers the kind of flexibility that attracts building owners as well as professional commercial HVAC control contractors and quality commercial HVAC installation contractors. The RTU-MP™ may indeed be one of the best available systems for enabling quick adjustment to building automation management – without requiring an installed or re-configured unit mounted rooftop system.
Designed for continuous precision management, the RTU-MP ensures reliable system performance, maximum occupant comfort, and factory programmed system-communication that endures the test of time and usage. Primary benefits associated with the RTU-MP™ Carrier Commercial Rooftop Unit Controller include:
Consumer benefits associated with the RTU-MP Carrier commercial rooftop controller include:
- Carrier configured and crafted for installation at the factory
- Integrated support for primary protocols, include support for BACnet MS/TP, Modbus (RTU), N2. Also supports LonWorks (Field installed LON-OC required)
- Functional as a stand-alone space temperature/humidity sensor driven control system or as an integrated communication link to the BAS (Building Automation System)
- Integrated support for local software upgrade downloads
- Pre-configured and enabled to support the handheld Carrier service tool
- DIP-switch enabled for rapid on-board modification of baud rate and protocol settings
- Integrated circuitry surge protection
- AND More.
American Cooling and Heating For Professional Installation of Carrier Commercial Building Products
· Economizer and power exhaust management controls
· Cooling and heating stages
· Fan management — indoor
· De-humidification management
· AND more.
The full line of Carrier Commercial products includes Air Handlers, Split-Systems, Water-Cooled Chillers, Carrier Commercial Rooftop Units and more. The
technicians at ACH have the skill, the training, and the practical experience to ensure rapid response and solutions for all of your heating and cooling requirements – be your need related to rooftop HVAC services, emergency repair, or installation of any other Carrier commercial services or products.
Carrier Commercial HVAC Products Designed For Commercial Building Applications
The Carrier commercial HVAC line of building applications includes product solutions, control solutions and ready access to parts and supplies. From air handlers to water-cooled chillers and from indoor self-contained units to rooftop systems, American Cooling and Heating is equipped, trained and prepared to handle your requirements for Arizona commercial building applications. The following list identifies common HVAC model numbers associated with the Carrier commercial equipment ACH sells, installs and services.
Carrier Commercial HVAC Model Numbers
Carrier AERO® Air Handlers
The Carrier line of commercial air handlers feature advanced technology focused on delivery of quality indoor air. Installation is quick and easy but typically requires the skills of an HVAC professional. Both the indoor and the outdoor line of Carrier AERO® Air Handlers meet the specs for installation in commercial, institutional or industrial facilities. Furthermore, if retrofit is required, the Aero units fit the bill. From clean rooms to high tech processing area, Carrier commercial HVAC air handler solutions can provide the flexibility you need. Some popular model lines include the:
- 39M – With airflow Cfm of 1,500 to 60,500 and custom double wall design. The Carrier commercial 39M is fully adaptable to both indoor and outdoor needs.
- 39L – Featuring 1,800 to 15,000 air flow Cfm, a custom compact single/double wall, and uniquely fitted for indoor use.
- 39S – Including 400 to 8,500 airflow Cfm, a single/double wall, compact, and suited for indoor or outdoor applications.
- AND 39CC – Runs at 1,000 to 300,000 plus airflow Cfm, with a full custom double wall design and fitted for both indoor and outdoor applications.
Aqua Series Air-Cooled Chillers
Save money on installation and operating costs; the Carrier Aqua air-colled chillers are designed for quick install by a recognized HVAC professional. Furthermore, the series supports balanced full and part load performance efficiency. The Aqua product line ships in two base configurations: 1) The AquaForce® based on HFC-134a single chassis with full and part load performance that exceeds the ASHRAE 90 1 requirement, 2) The •AquaSnap® with Puron® refrigerant, a chiller that utilizes a compact base, excellent part load performance, and that effectively meets the ASHRAE 90.1 minimum energy efficiency standards. Some associated Carrier HVAC model numbers include the:
- 30RAP – Featuring a Scroll compressor, 10 to 150 ton capacity, and using Puron® (R-410A) refrigerant.
- 30RB – Loaded with a Scroll compressor, running 60-390 ton capacity, this unit also uses Puron® (R-410A) refrigerant.
- 30XA – Featuring a Screw compressor with 80 to 500 tons capacity, the 30XA uses R-134a refrigerant.
- 30XA Greenspeed-Enhanced – This high-performance Carrier 20XA commercial air-cooled chiller features a Screw compressor with capacities of 140 to 350 tons running on R-134a refrigerant.
This list is designed merely to introduce you to the line of HVAC model numbers associated with Carrier commercial HVAC products. American Cooling and Heating offers in-depth reading and visuals concerning Carrier A/C equipment. Visit our primary Carrier A/C commercial resource page at Carrier Commercial HVAC Sales and Service in Arizona. The list of HVAC model numbers and products discussed includes:
- Carrier WeatherMaker, WeatherMaster, And Centurion Light Commercial Rooftop Units. When you need access to the full range of light commercial packaged rooftop units, including Carrier heat pumps, gas/electric, and cooling only, ACH installs according to your designs and applications.
- Carrier Gemini Commercial Air Conditioning Split Systems. The Carrier line includes 38AU condensing units, 40RU air handlers, and all in a variety of configurations designed to meet the specs of any application. Whether installing a 38AU single compressor model condensing unit with superior part load performance or one of the other compressor models, American Cooling and Heating assures that you get right-sizing for lasting reliability and energy efficient operation.
- Carrier WeatherExpert And Weather Series Large Commercial Rooftop Packaged Units with capacity of 75 to 150 tons, is design built to provide a cost effective solution for initial installation, ease of maintenance, and energy efficient operation, the new design makes it suitable for a wide range of applications
- AND More.
Carrier Commercial HVAC Installation Services
Complete commercial services must include commercial HVAC installation. American Cooling and Heating has the skill, the resources and the know-how to met your need for Arizona commercial and industrial HVAC services, including services for:
- Arizona Liebert CRAC Precision Cooling Units
- Data Centers
- Industrial Facilities
- Federal Organizations
- Retail Centers
- Business Centers
- Civil Centers.
From commercial heating and cooling product retrofit to full Carrier A/C installation services or HVAC replacement, ACH offers timely and emergency response to your Carrier commercial HVAC needs. We guarantee the quality of our HVAC installation workmanship for the life of your new ACH-installed HVAC system.
Ingersoll Rand / Trane Commercial HVAC Climate commitment
As a company that fully understands the pressing challenges associated with global warming, Ingersoll Rand, including the Trane Commercial HVAC division, has openly declared a global commitment to help resolve some of the world’s existing and future climate change problems (1). Although Ingersoll’s Trane commercial AC departments cannot address every cause and effect of climate change, they can and do address issues pertaining to greenhouse gas emissions and the unsustainable demand for energy resources within the heating and cooling industry.
According to Ingersoll’s Trane commercial air conditioning website, the company is committed to increasing energy efficiency in HVAC equipment while simultaneously crafting that equipment to reduce the associated air conditioning and refrigeration emission of greenhouse gas (GHG) components. According to the September 22, 2014 press release, current efforts toward that goal include:
- A fifty-percent decrease in the GHG refrigerant footprint of Trane air conditioning and refrigeration products by the year 2020
- The modification of equipment for use of alternative refrigerant components in all Trane A/C products across the board by the year 2030
- A five-year Company commitment to research and development. The $500-million investment is designed to help Trane created an HVAC-related long-term reduction in GHG emissions
- An internal shift in operations designed to reduce the functional in-house greenhouse gas footprint by thirty-five percent by the year 2020
- AND more.
Ingersoll Rand Parent To Trane Commercial HVAC and More
As a $12 billion global business, Ingersoll Rand receives income by manufacturing and selling energy-efficient manufacturing environmental controls and comfort-sustainable living and working environments. The Ingersoll family of brands includes:
- Club Car®
- Ingersoll Rand®
- Thermo King®
- AND Trane®.
The Trane Commercial Air Conditioning Division
The Trane division of Ingersoll Rand sprang out of La Crosse, Wis. in 1885 when James Trane and son, Reuben, developed and introduced a new design for low-pressure steam heating. Then the company grew, introducing Trane commercial AC systems and other large building chiller units. By 1984, Trane was a national know provider of residential and energy management heating and cooling equipment. In June of 2008, the Ingersoll Rand Company acquired all rights to the Trane HVAC Company.
Commercial HVAC products include:
- Chillers – Air-cooled, water-cooled, and even absorption liquid systems
- Unitary Systems — From self-contained to split systems, including options for water source heat pumps
- Air Handlers – With stock units for air cleaning options, blower coil units, make-up air gas heat systems, and other performance air handlers
- Terminal Devices – Ranging from Fan coil components to ventilation fans, and a host of options for variable air volume
- Ductless Systems – Noted for using Advantage VRF (Variable Refrigerant Volume) efficiency.
Furthermore, the Trane commercial HVAC product line includes the Trane dedicated outdoor air solution system. The unit makes use of 100-percent outdoor air, thus providing better indoor air quality (IAQ), efficient control of relative humidity, and an effective decrease in the work load of existing internal HVAC equipment.
And then… Sometimes you need coils replaced. The Trane commercial AC SureFit Coils operation can satisfy that requirement. The SureFit division produces 90% of all Trane coils. Availability is within 1 to 3 days. But what really makes it nice… American Cooling and Heating can take care of all the fine details. You don’t have to fret the time frame or the process of what to order.
American Cooling And Heating provides Trane Commercial HVAC Sales and Service
You expect quality service from your Arizona commercial A/C installation and service center. American Cooling and Heating provides Trane commercial AC maintenance, service and installation. So remember: Trane products may rank among the best in the commercial HVAC industry, but it takes installation workmanship to reap the highest margin of Trane commercial air conditioning efficiency.
Contact the American Cooling and Heating commercial HVAC sales center now.