Are Trane AC Units better than brands like Carrier, Goodman, Lennox, etc? The answer actually depends on several factors, first of which is what models are being compared and also how professionally it is installed. Reliable air conditioning installation establishes the groundwork for long-term Arizona HVAC equipment durability.
Professional training of technicians backed by company-enforced installation workmanship assures that your American Cooling and Heating installed A/C system meets or exceeds manufacturer defined efficiency ratings. When ACH puts Air Conditioning on sale in Arizona, we cover the entire package, including professional installation that complies with manufacturer established specification, regional Arizona HVAC installation codes and all national energy, mechanical and electrical requirements.
Our company’s opinion is that Trane Air Conditioning Products are engineered with attention to every detail, with strict testing performed to ensure lasting dependability. Most other manufacturers construct their products from the same generic parts that are readily available to everyone, but Trane goes beyond to produce unique and innovative products. Trane designs, builds, and tests a number of their own parts and know they work, since they are above the common industry standards. You can always expect and count on a Trane Air Conditioner’s reliability.
Your Gilbert AC Repair And Replacement Specialist
American Cooling And Heating
745 N Gilbert Rd #124/276, Gilbert, AZ 85234
Trane XV18 & Trane XV20i Top Choice For Accurate Home Heating and Cooling Comfort
What’s unique about Trane XV18 and Trane XV20i mainstream residential heat pump systems? And why are these air conditioning units a right choice for regional Mesa homeowners?
Perhaps these questions seem a bit rhetorical. After all, we are discussing heating and cooling products manufactured according to Trane-based standards for quality, performance and durability. But with the XV18 and the XV20i, we can also include the benefits of an included variable speed compressor. By choosing either model for your Mesa heating and cooling requirements, you get Trane manufacturing quality. But you also get:
- Ø Quieter system operating performance
- Ø Energy efficiency that effectively outperforms standard two-stage compressors as well as standard one-stage compressors
- Ø AND A precision in home temperature control system.
Precision Cooling Via Trane XV18 and Trane XV20i Performance
Ever go to bed comfortable and then wake up to a chill morning? That’s the price of standard performance one or two stage compressors. The temperatures float, rising as the system runs, and then dropping between cycles.
Imagine day or night precision Mesa home cooling within an accuracy rating of ½ degrees. From daylight to dusk and from dusk to dawn, the temperature in your home remains constant – not too hot and not too cool. This is the prime benefit of an installed Trane heat pump system that makes use of variable speed compressor technology. This is the prime benefit of an installed Trane XV18 heat pump or an installed Trane XV20i heat pump.
Think of it: An installed energy-efficient heat pump that enables precision management of in-home Mesa temperature while also operating at the lowest noise level in the industry – a record-breaking 54 dB. And then, count in the added value of Trane’s twelve-year warranty on the compressor in the Trane XV20i heat pump system.
Specifications That Make Trane XV18 or Trane XV20i Right For Your Mesa Home
Before sizing any heat pump to the requirements and needs of your Mesa home, our techs consider the size, nature of construction, layout, and necessary load-balance calculations. It may be that an XV20i or an XV18 don’t make a perfect match for you. However, this only means we need to look at a different Trane heat pump system. American Cooling and Heating specializes in putting together the best and most cost efficient HVAC unit for each household.
Let’s look at the specs and features that make the Trane XV18 heat pump and the Trane XV20i heat pump shine…
- Ø Available in standard residential sizes from two to five tons.
- Ø Both units are crafted in powder coated standard steel frames.
- Ø Variable Speed Compressor offering precision mesa home cooling and heating management.
- Ø The Trane XV20i sings songs to Energy Star ratings of HSPF – 10 and SEER – 20.
- Ø The Trane XV18 comes in with Energy Star ratings of HSPF – 10 and SEER – 18.
- Ø Coming in with a decibel rating of 55, both the Trane XV20i and the Trane XV18 pull rank as the quietest heat pumps available to the residential market place.
- Ø The Trane XV20i comes in at 33-37 inches long, 30-34 inches wide and 48-54 inches tall.
- Ø The Trane XV18 measures same as XV20i in all but height, which comes in at 41-45 inches.
- Ø Compressor warranty 12 years, parts warranty 10 years, both limited
Mesa Resource For Installed Trane XV18 and Trane XV20i – Precision Home Comfort
Before you install your next Mesa heating and cooling system, contact American Cooling and Heating. Take advantage of our Free home HVAC system evaluation and heat pump installation estimate.
Survey Reveals Performance-Deficiency As Primary Cause For Installed Air Conditioning Residential Replacement
In a recent survey of 492 HVAC contractors, researchers established a 12-14 year average replacement cycle for residential air conditioning systems. The study also showed that many homeowners opted to replace the existing system before the product reached end-of-life usefulness. In most cases the decision for early AC replacement came about due to a perception that the cooling capacity and cost of unit operation was in excess of the homeowner’s expectations (1).
End conclusion: The efficiency of AC system performance plays a major role in how homeowners evaluate the useful life of a residential air conditioning system.
Efficient Evaporator Air Flow: Key Factor In Arizona Air Conditioning Performance
According to the Energy Star central air conditioner overview report, reaping the full benefits of an Energy Star certified heating and cooling system also requires that you “take steps to optimize” the practical performance of the system (2). In other words: even when a homeowner installs a new energy-efficient central A/C, successfully achieving an increase in performance depends on the skill, knowledge and applied principles of the HVAC installation crew.
One might think that proper installed air conditioning comes with the turf. Alas, this may not reflect actual conditions. The FCC survey included field tests of 70 residential A/C systems in Arizona as well as field tests of 27 systems in central California. In both test cases, the performance of the examined units failed to meet the system manufacturer’s declared Energy Efficiency Ratio (EER). Of the 70 units tested in Arizona, the average performance deficiency came in at 40% lower than the EER rating for the given unit.
Primary cause for underperformance: Insufficient airflow across the evaporator coil.
Adequate Air Flow Critical To Efficient A/C EER Returns
Conventional air conditioning units perform two primary functions:
- 1) Sensible Cooling… The effective process of cooling the air
- 2) Latent Cooling… The effective process of removing moisture from the air.
Reliable residential installed air conditioning (IAC) performance is primarily dependent on a balance between moisture removal and sensible heat transfer. This can only be achieved when the unit functions with ample air flow across the evaporator coil. The technical aspects involved in A/C installation and management of air handler fan speed, load requirements and airflow control exceed the limits of this article. However defining the consequences of miss-applied system installation is simple:
- If the airflow over the coil is too high, the system is compromised. Moisture removal falls short, and fan power gets elevated.
- If the airflow is too low, reduced system cooling occurs, and the system EER falls short. Furthermore: Extreme hindrance of airflow can cause icing of the evaporator coil. Likewise: Continuous problems with icing can lead to refrigerant flood-back. End result may even include early failure of the system compressor.
The dry Arizona climate typically equates to a low latent/humidity factor. When a Mesa home A/C system is correctly installed, years of maximum-performance efficiency become readily possible. Furthermore, if a home system is not aged-out but is rather suffering from major installation problems, correcting the errors can effectively restore new life to an older air conditioning unit. In essence, if your new energy-efficient home air conditioning system is incorrectly installed, it may actually perform nearly as badly as your aged and inefficient replaced unit.
Tips From American Cooling and Heating For Avoiding Poor AC Performance
It may be that your failing home cooling system is merely the consequence of a poorly installed unit. Or perhaps, time has played a role in the lack of adequate system performance. External conditions can change, wherein new obstacles now hinder the airflow to your external condenser unit. Duct sealant can fail and cause air leaks. Even in-duct grime can be a problem. Before discounting the efficiency of your Mesa home air-conditioning system, consider the steps of proper AC installation as listed below. An American Cooling and Heating home AC checkup can answer all of your questions, and if a new unit becomes the preferred solution, ACH will ensure that your system is correctly and effectively installed.
The following list offers no specific order, but the principles for correctly installing or configuring an air conditioning system remain true even if the system is aged. When installing a new HVAC system, American Cooling and Heating air conditioning technicians:
- Allow ample indoor room for installation and future system servicing
- Before positioning condensing unit, consider the noisy factor on neighbors as well as home occupants
- Install sufficient air return and cool air delivery registers
- Position condensing unit in an area free of objects that can create hindrance to airflow
- Position system thermostat(s) for most effective heating and cooling response to home conditions
- Prior to system installation, apply reliable duct-sizing tactics
- Properly insulate attic ducts
- Provide an access path cleaning the evaporator coil via a door into the duct or the furnace
- Use effective and product-recommended duct sealing components
- Verify correct and exact refrigerant charge
- Verify that unit meets manufacturer-specified airflow rate
- When possible, install ductwork inside the region of air-conditioned space.
Be your AC old or be it new, the ACH team is ready to help you get the most bang for your heating and cooling buck. Call us now!
1) FSEC “Impact of Evaporator Coil Air Flow in Residential Air Conditioning Systems“
2) Energy Star, Central Air Conditioning Overview
Phoenix AZ Resources For Reasonable AC Installation
If someone says, “Define the core components of reasonable AC installation,” the wise homeowner conceives a mixed response wherein “Reasonable” means right priced for the quality, the product, and the required services. There is a difference between shoddy components and cost-efficient components. There is a distinction between substandard HVAC equipment and just-the-right-unit for the purpose. And there is a valuable division between lazy, careless technicians and in skilled technical air conditioning installation professionals.
So it seems that the concept of “reasonable pricing” for a new or replacement heat pump installation or A/C system should exclude a focus on “cheap.” Now that doesn’t mean that “rational AC pricing” means “expensive” pricing. It merely eliminates time and money wasted on price comparisons that fail to match product-to-product, warranty-to-warranty, service-to-service, and reliability-to-reliability.
Definition of Reasonable AC Installation Sometimes Distorted By Unlicensed Operators
In conclusion to a 2015 drive to eliminate unlicensed contractor work in the state of Arizona, the Arizona Registrar of Contractors (AZ ROCK) successfully netted 30 offenders (1). Two of the unlicensed operators are already lised on AZ ROC’s “Top Most Wanted List.” In total:
- Nine offenders were arrested
- Five offenders were cited for criminal and civil offenses
- AND 16 received AZ ROC warnings for advertising without being in possession of a proper Arizona contractor’s license.
Note: Advertisements placed by the guilty parties covered false business cards, private websites, and adds on Craigslist.
One of the offenders, specifically known for performing poor work and taking money without completing the jobs already faced nine prior complaints. At the time of arrest, he was also facing four outstanding Warrants. Another of the offenders was picked up for scamming an 86-year-old woman out of $26,000. Thankfully, most of these unlicensed construction contractors were involved in work dealing with roofing, pool services and other home improvement tasks.
Yet the fact remains: Too many unskilled and untrained people are actively affecting the Phoenix concept of “sensible A/C installation pricing” (2). From false advertisement to shoddy and incomplete work, the danger of mistaking “cheap” for “reasonable” cannot be denied. They are in every profession: unlicensed amateurs seeking to mislead innocent homeowners faulted only for looking for the best deal.
American Cooling and Heating: A Real HVAC Contractor With Reasonable AC Installation Pricing
You want quality products, superior quality, reliable service and “reasonable pricing.” American Cooling and Heating understands what it takes to battle desert temperatures, and we know how to do it using the most cost-effective HVAC installation game plan.
Keeping you comfortable is our business. The ACH service guarantee begins with a “Free” onsite appraisal. Our schedule is flexible, for the estimate and for the installation. We handle the whole nine yards, including filing your warranty paperwork and registering your new heat pump or air conditioning system according to the manufacturer’s specs.
And we understand the true meaning of “realistic A/C installation pricing.” This means that we are competitive with any legitimate Phoenix AZ HVAC sales and service center. And then, we go the extra mile. We offer professional in-home behavior and attitude, from wearing booties to protect your flooring to using temp attic boards to save from harm your ceilings. And it is all followed up by a full and complete after-market cleanup. And don’t forget our American Cooling and Heating lifetime A/C installation labor warranty.
Air conditioning condensers and heat pumps on sale today. So stop burning energy. ACH does “reasonable AC installation” in Phoenix, Tucson and many other regions within the Valley. Call now….
- 1) http://www.azroc.gov/rocnews/releases/20150630%20-%20Statewide%20ULE%20Sting%20Operation.pdf
- 2) http://www.azroc.gov/wanted/violations.html
Whether searching for new Trane air conditioning products or merely seeking a reliable Arizona Trane A/C service center, you need access to trustworthy consumer brochures, specification sheets, and product guidelines. Some of this critical decision-making information is available directly from Trane. Tech reports and product reviews also provide important bits of knowledge, as do local and national product review websites. To locate a quality Arizona cooling and heating service and repair center, look toward both the Arizona BBB and national HVAC craftsmen membership centers. Both offer various advice and guidance.
But, for your local convenience, the research and legwork is already completed. Throughout the pages of American Cooling and Heating, you can find:
- Detailed spec sheets on all major brands of heating and cooling equipment, including Trane heat pumps and other Trane air conditioning units
- A sorted list of facts, answers and questions
- An HVAC Glossary
- Multiple videos on Amana, Carrier, Goodman, Rheem, Trane, York and others
- A full collection of HVAC-related consumer literature and product brochures
- Assorted reports on the history of heating and cooling in American and the world
- Numerous consumer-pertinent articles that cover A/C related current events that affect local and national regulation of heating and cooling resources
- AND more, including tips sheets, maintenance guides, and a few notes on persons of interest within the air conditioning industry.
As a potential customer of ACH in Arizona, you deserve all that we can offer. Whether having a new air conditioning unit installed or seeking reasonably priced air conditioning repairs, you need a company that makes the customer’s home comfort a major component of the sale, the service and the installation. Quality service providers do not rush in with a mess of suggestions, recommendations, and promises. Arizona homeowners understand the dangers of a failed air conditioning system and they are wise enough to understand the dangers of making a rushed decision during the HVAC buying process.
American Cooling and Heating offers new and existing customers an extensive library of images, text and video explanations that can help Arizona residents make informed AC buying decisions. From air handlers to heat pumps and from air conditioning condensing units to home air filters, you got questions and ACH has answers.
Arizona Without Working Air Conditioning, Wide Open and Hot!
Let’s be honest, Arizona gets hot and muggy! As a homeowner the last thing you need to be dealing with is an air conditioning unit that’s showing signs of giving out on you. Unfortunately these things happen. So, what can you do when you’re considering servicing your heating and cooling unit or purchasing a new one?
You’ve heard of Trane and if you live in Arizona you have likely heard of American Cooling and Heating. We have a stellar reputation for providing only the best services and products in the Arizona cooling and heating marketplace. When it comes to getting A/C home products, you want service that comes with long life, reliability and a reputation for lingering quality.
Get 24/7 on-hand answers from the ACH free Trane air conditioning information resource center, or just pick up a phone and get immediate answers from trained and experience technicians.
- If you need model performance comparisons, ACH can help
- Looking for parts, ACH has what you need
- Need pricing for a new Arizona A/C installation project, ACH offers 24/7 free estimates.
Next time you need an air conditioning system or a heating unit installed or repaired, check out American Cooling and Heating. We carry a complete line of air conditioning condensing units, heat pumps, thermostats and other HVAC equipment. Come now – and bring all of your Arizona A/C and heating expectations.