HVAC Maintenance Agreements – For the Best in Heat Pump Performance
In this region of unique heating and cooling requirements, Arizona homeowners have come to expect reliable air conditioning services accompanied by flexible HVAC maintenance agreements. The age of one-size-fits-all has pasted us by. Local climate makes heat pump heating ideal for winter use thus the need for additional furnace equipment gets a bit obsolete. It’s just not all that cold during the Phoenix winter.
Cost is also a driving factor behind system choices. For example: By installing a HP-only system, Phoenix regional homeowners gain three important price saving features: They,
- Avoid the installation cost of additional Natural Gas and/or HVAC plumbing
- Gain more flexible control over temperature management within the home
- Get better pricing on HVAC maintenance service contracts.
In this modern society, homeowners want protection with options. They also seek to establish relations with a trustworthy service center. Company performance during and after HVAC maintenance services help homeowners meet these goals. But there is yet much more to be gained. A well-maintained heat pump can provide effective energy-efficient heating and cooling with long-term cost savings that reach far into the homeowner’s future. Furthermore, a clean and functional heat pump helps the environment while also adding value to the home.
A/C Maintenance Checklist
- Examination of thermostat settings to confirm efficient usage of energy resources
- General electrical check and tightening of all connections, including taking voltage measurements on said connections as well as on motors
- Lubrication of moving HVAC system components
- Examination of the system operation, cycling and safety controls
- Cleaning of condenser a/c coils and evaporator coils
- Check and adjust of central heat pump / ac refrigerant levels
- Clean, examine and adjust blower components to ensure adequate and accurate system airflow
- Examine gas/oil connections and associated functions such as burner combustion, gas pressure and the condition of the heat exchanger.
Note… Homeowners are typically responsible for cleaning and or changing filters.
Precision HVAC Tune-Ups or Professional HVAC Cleaning: What’s In It For The Homeowner?
Although there are several reasons why a Phoenix A/C service center may offer homeowners an HVAC M/A, “repeat business” stands as the primary factor behind this business choice. According to Decision Analyst, the company that holds a homeowner’s maintenance agreement usually gains the order when system replacement comes due. In short, providing an air conditioning maintenance agreement typically eliminates the competition.
But what’s in it for the homeowner?
Due to excess accumulation of dust and dry weather, the typical Arizona HVAC maintenance agreement should also include two inspections per year and a guarantee of priority service. Some contracts also include a special discount on repairs and parts. Another level of M/A services may include a waiver on diagnostic fees. So much depends on the local company, but homeowners should always make certain that their provider offers:
- 24/7 A/C response time
- Certified technicians
- Evidence of HVAC licensing
- Bonded securities
- And reasonable A/C maintenance pricing.
Full-Service HVAC Maintenance Agreements
Ok. It’s really not reasonable to expect a full-service warranty agreement on an aged and obsolete heating and cooling system. However, when a homeowner is seeking a maintenance agreement for a system that is still under warranty, the service provider incurs no liability beyond labor. This means that replacement of parts can be priced into the maintenance agreement. It may result in a bit higher pricing, but it can be money well spent.
AND… of course, if the company holding the agreement is also responsible for the Arizona Heat Pump installation of the warranted unit, the options for better coverage become even more acceptable.